Light a Candle is a feature of Gratefulness.org website. By using the site you agree to the following terms:
You may come back to the site to light new candles or to replace the ones that have burned down.
Just as if you were at a public event or at a place of worship, we ask each individual participant to not take up a disproportionate amount of space. More important to the experience of Light a Candle is the heartfelt quality of your candle message(s) rather than the quantity of candles lit.
Candle site will display up to 24 new candles per day per person and up to 100 new candles per person per week. While on occasion we may allow you to exceed these limits, the excess candles may or may not display publicly. Such excess candles will not be counted in group or country statistics.
The site administrators reserve the right to remove any candles and to ban any users or software that substantially inhibit the ability of others to use and enjoy this website. To preserve the integrity of the site, the following actions are expressly disallowed:
* Using crawlers, spiders, or any automated software to copy substantial portions of the website. Any other action which may put undo load on the website and cause it to slow down or become unresponsive to users.
* Entering false location and/or country for purpose of inflating or distorting accurate country and/or candle group counts.
* Impersonating other users, people, or site administrators, or using multiple aliases.
* Using automated means and/or rapidly lighting candles with same or essentially same message. Even if the intention is appropriate, flooding the site with repeated and/or blank messages is considered undesirable as it inhibits diversity of the candles others encouner.
* Posting vulgar, obscene, or indecent language.